[Improving In Any Language] 3Q 2012 Miami Sales Report
Posted by Jonathan Miller - Thursday, October 11, 2012, 1:28 PM
We published our report on the Miami sales market for 3Q 2012. This is part of an evolving market report series I’ve been writing for Douglas Elliman since 1994.
- INVENTORY FALLING – Listing inventory fell 24.7% to 11,468 from 15,239 in the year ago quarter.
- FORECLOSURE SALES (excluding short sales) fell to an 18.6% market share from a recent high of 44.2% in first quarter of 2011.
- NON-DISTRESSED SALES surged year over year. Condos up 33.9% and Single Family up 17.1%.
- CONDO AND SINGLE FAMILY PRICES up 22.6% year-to-date as non-distressed sales now comprise 58.5% of all sales versus 46.6% last year.
- CASH IS STILL THE KEY TERM used for condo purchases. 72.8% of non-distressed and 76.3% of all distressed condo purchases were made with cash.
- DEMAND – International buyers continue to drive the market. Record low mortgage rates continue to bring buyers in to market but demand remains somewhat tempered by very tight lending conditions.
Here’s an excerpt from the report:
…The Miami coastal communities experienced
a sharp decline in listing inventory, a decline
in distressed sales and rise in non-distressed
sales, rising price pressure and continued
demand from international buyers.
All price indicators posted large gains as
distressed sale market share activity continued
to fall. Median sales price jumped 18.2% to
$195,000 from $165,000 in the prior year
quarter. Average sales price and average price per square foot saw similar year-over-year gains
of 16.7% and 18.2%. The median sales price
year-to date was $190,000 and increased at a
similar rate of 22.6%. Distressed sales market
share fell to 41.3% from 53.3% over the same
period last year helping drive overall prices
higher due to their lower price levels…
You can build your own custom data tables on the Miami sales market – now updated with 3Q 12 data. I’ll have the latest charts on the Miami sales market uploaded soon.
The Elliman Report: 3Q 2012 Miami Sales [Miller Samuel]
The Elliman Report: 3Q 2012 Miami Sales [Prudential Douglas Elliman]