A decade has passed since ULI last looked at the Fort Norfolk neighborhood, then known as Atlantic City. Much has changed since that time – the Tide rail line, the real estate market crash, and an increasing focus on the effect of sea level rise on Hampton Roads.
This panel will look at ways to use development opportunities and challenges in the Fort Norfolk neighborhood to improve flood protection for vulnerable locations in the community, but also to build economic opportunity – to use the site as an avenue to broad community strength and resilience.
• John McIlwain, Senior Advisor, Jonathan Rose Companies
• John Macomber, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, MA
• Jonathan Miller, Miller Samuel Inc., New York, NY
• Paul Moyer, VHB, Vienna, VA
• Dave Stebbins, Buffalo Urban Development Corp., Buffalo, NY
• Charles Schilke, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, Washington, DC
• Juvarya Veltkamp, Vancouver Economic Commission, Vancouver, BC
More information on the Norfolk panel’s research and Urban Land Institute, go here.