We just published our report on the Westchester & Putnam County New York housing markets . This is part of an evolving market report series I’ve been writing for Douglas Elliman  since 1994.
- Inventory fell to 8-year low.
- Jump in both number of sales and signed contracts.
- Housing prices rose above year ago level.
- Median sales price rose to highest level for second quarter in 8 years.
- Credit remains tight keeping inventory low.
- Heavy contract momentum carrying into next quarter.
- Sales jumped despite inventory slide.
- Housing price indicators slipped from year ago levels.
Here’s an excerpt from the report:
WESTCHESTER There were 2,251 sales in the second quarter, 24% more than the same period last year, consistent with the 23% increase in all signed contracts over the same time period. Listing inventory fell by 13.3% to 6,128 from the prior year quarter, marking the lowest second quarter inventory total since 2005…
PUTNAM The Putnam housing market saw a modest decline in all price indicators from prior year levels. Median sales price was $288,500, down 1.5% from the prior year quarter. Average sales price fell by 6.2% to $326,406 and average price per square foot fell by 5.2% to $164 over the same period…
…Press coverage 
The Elliman Report: 2Q 2013 Westchester & Putnam Sales [Miller Samuel ]
The Elliman Report: 1Q 2013 Westchester & Putnam Sales [Douglas Elliman ]
Aggregated Custom Market Data Tables [Miller Samuel ]
Westchester Market Charts [Miller Samuel ]