Here is an overview through my interview on MarketWatch on Friday.
The August 2007 RPX Monthly Housing Market Report was released this past Friday, November 2nd at 9am EST
Next report release:
9am EST November 30, 2007.
(schedule of future release dates)
- Seattle, WA, led all markets in price per square foot growth. Seattle, WA, was also the highest ranked condo market.
- Two of the top five markets saw a significant reduction in their pace of price growth – Seattle, WA and Philadelphia, PA.
- 18 of 25 metropolitan areas showed price declines.
- San Jose, CA, continues to be the highest priced metropolitan area at $471.69, and Cleveland, OH, is the least expensive at $95.21 per square foot.
- The top two condo markets over the past year based on price increase were Seattle, WA, and New York, NY. The two weakest condo markets were Sacramento, CA, and San Diego, CA.