The Data-Whisperer’s ‘Housing Notes’ Intro
“Housing Notes” is my new recurring end of the week effort to reduce the info-noise on a national, regional and local level. I’m trying to tell the residential real estate story by relying on a central theme through content that I collect or create. The format includes an overview along with links to must-read articles as well as the content I’ve created.
I’ve been kicking around this idea for a while – pushing out regular market insights aside from our market report series and other related content…but to only those who request it (hint: the sign-up is on our home page).
Brick Underground recently dubbed me the ‘data-whisperer,’ which I thought I could live with – but a friend took issue and was emphatic that ‘data-shouter’ was more appropriate. I’ll stick with the former. Sorry Joey.
Please feel free to share. If you get tired of all the charts, real estate commentary and articles presented in each weekly note, just opt out. I always appreciate feedback so please email me.
Yes, it’s a work in progress.
Beginning next week we get down to business with ‘Housing Notes.’ In the meantime, here are some must-reads and new content links you might enjoy.
- The Wealth Report 2015 | Knight Frank
- New York’s First Micro-Apartments, Prefabricated in Brooklyn
- With Luxury for All: A Term Once Used to Denote Exclusivity Grows Bafflingly Common
- The Fed’s Beige Book: We Read It So You Don’t Have To
- Revealed: Prices, floorplans at Vornado’s 220 CPS
- The “Recovery” In U.S. Housing Prices
New Content We’ve Created
- ELLIMAN REPORT – Los Angeles Sales 4Q 2014
- ELLIMAN REPORT – Fairfield County Sales 4Q 2014
- BLOOMBERG VIEW – Income Inequality Hits the Housing Market
- CURBED: THREE CENTS WORTH – Which Manhattan Neighborhood Has The Smallest Studios?
- CURBED: THREE CENTS WORTH – Murray Hill Has the Most Micro Units in All of Manhattan
- BLOOMBERG VIEW – Real-Estate Agents Ride High Again
- CHART – Manhattan Co-op/Condo/Townhouse Monthly Listing Inventory
- CHART – Manhattan Annual Sales Volume by Property Type