Trulia, the real estate search engine, formed an advisory board to help with strategic planning from a diverse group of real estate professionals. Here’s the release. Yours
trulia truly was recently invited to join, along with a wide range of experts ranging from traditional brokers to new concept brokers representing both national and regional markets. Technology and analytical real estate types are part of the group because, after all, this is a technology venture.
Lots of opportunities to crunch new types national market data by location [hint, hint]. They now have more than one million listings. What intrigued about them from the beginning was their focus on clean, quality data rather than generic feeds with a lot of duplicates. They also collect public record information. Brokers and consumers have access to all sorts of data for free including both listing and sales data plus extras like heat maps. Cool stuff.
Still, the awareness of what this service provides to the brokerage community has remained under the radar but it is growing. Here’s a previous post about Trulia.
Trulia.com today announced its ten-member real estate advisory board, made up of established industry leaders, who provide expertise to the national real estate search engine on its strategy for delivering consumers the best neighborhood and home search experience online. Through interactive heat maps, neighborhood guides and property listings in all 50 states, a consumer researching a home for sale on Trulia.com is easily connected to the property page of the real estate professional most knowledgeable about the attributes of that home: the listing broker or agent.
The new Advisory Board is comprised of a diverse, well respected group of real estate brokers and industry leaders representing markets across the country including:
- Anthony Azar, CEO, Realty Executives Southern Arizona
- Sherry Chris, COO, Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corporation
- Van Davis, Consultant and Former CEO, Foxtons
- Michael Koval, CTO, Long and Foster Companies
- Jonathan Miller, President/CEO, Miller Samuel Inc.
- Robert Moles, Chairman, Intero Real Estate Services
- Steve Ozonian, Chairman, Realty Information Systems Inc./Help-U-Sell Real Estate
- Michael Pappas, President, The Keyes Company
- Bob Peltier, President, Edina Realty, Inc.
- Kaira Rouda, COO, Real Living, Inc.
Cream of the Crop UPDATE: Here’s Trulia’s blog post about the announcement.